So here they are 🙂
I made two bigger ones.
Then two little ones.
They’re AH-dorable. I’m so flippin’ impressed with myself! I have a lot to learn about embroidery though. Because you love ’em, here’s a list of things I DIDN’T know.
- How many strands of floss to use. I broke two needle threaders trying to get all six strands through my needle. After a bear of a night with 3-4 strands and a phone consult with Mom, I’m happily stitching with two now.
- Embroidery needles are SHARP, stabbing oneself in one’s thigh is not recommended.
- Those holes in the cloth, tempting as they may be, are not the perfect hole to sew through. I lost many knots to the back of the fabric this way.
- My really pretty tan-ish linen blend looks a lot like burlap when photographed.
- I can’t believe it but I’m really starting to like the whole embroidery thing.
- Ok I can, I get to sit on a couch. Joanna+couch= superhappy
- I have four sheep…and not a clue what to do with them.
Happy Valentine’s Day ya’ll! I’m really, really (REALLY) proud of my present for the Hubster, but since he reads my blog, I can’t post it until tomorrow. Check it out, you’ll be impressed too.
P.S. It’s snowing again.