I’ve had one of “those” weeks. I’ve got a sinus infection (that conveniently showed up on the weekend-HELLO 75 bucks for a visit to Urgent Care), I haven’t slept right all week and I’m just plain grouchy.
This blog is supposed to be my outpouring of happy and since I don’t have a ton of that at the moment here’s my best try. No matter how bad a week is, I find that there is always SOMETHING that makes me smile. Maybe if I put them all here, I’ll feel better.
5 Things That Made Me Smile (and how they cropped up in my grungy week)
- Fabric (specifically Heather Ross’s Far Far Away Unicorns, acquired at Mulberry Silks and a shipment of Anna Maria Horner’s Good Folks courtesy of A Fabric Outlet)
- The 90’s (Clueless on TV, actually anything from the 90’s. Music, movies, whatever, I love it all)!
- The Hubster (See above. I woke up to aforementioned movie after a much needed cat nap) 😀
- Hurricanes Hockey (Or, in this case, Tim Gleason rocking out on the USA Olympic hockey team)
- Laughing (at -I mean with- my students…because I had them write about superheroes-to teach them about character traits and characterization, of course- all week and it’s HI-larious)
So that’s all I’ve got. Now that I’m looking at this list, I realize it isn’t at all comprehensive (as I’m fairly easily amused) but it’s a start. At any rate, I am back on the antibiotics from hell and I’ll be trying to rest up. Hopefully I’ll have fun, new things to post later this week!