The rectangle String Quilt is done! It isn’t perfect, but I’m warming up to it. I tried out a lot of new things in this one. It’s got pieced batting, mitered borders and the ENTIRE thing is out of scraps! (Sometimes this didn’t work out so well…but it is what it is.)
I quilted it with concentric diamonds inside the big diamonds using my walking foot and bar. I’ve never used it before, so I was a little freaked about “jumping right in” but I LOVE the way it came out!
I adore the front of it. I mean, REALLY love it. I think the borders really frame it out nicely. I’m particularly happy with myself because they were improvised and very last-minute! If you look very closely in one of the corners you can see 3 or 4 pieces just to make “ends meet.” Heh. Heh.
I cannot, for the life of me, figure out why all the little white fluff is coming out on the back. It must be one of the batting scraps I used. It doesn’t show on the lighter fabrics, but it is awful on the black prints! It keeps coming through the stitches; I’ve never had batting do that before. Harumph!
Also, I *may* have been certainly was lazy and back-stitched instead of burying my threads. I know that you can see in this picture, but I guess it is the light because you can’t really see it in person!
So- I’m counting this one as a learning experience. I’m frustrated with pieces of it (or pieces coming out of it) now, but I’m betting you after a few runs through the washer, perhaps a snuggle or two and I’ll forget all the little things!